History of the League
We are sharing a series of monthly articles covering some of the history of the League of Women Voters, as well as the women’s suffrage movement that led to the enactment of the 19th Amendment (August 26, 1920) and the creation of the League in Chicago on February 14, 1920.
- Creating a More Perfect Democracy
- Demanding an Equal Voice
- Who was Carrie Chapman Catt?
- The Beginnings of Women's Suffrage in the US
- The Early 1800's
- Notice: Women's Rights Convention, July 1848
- Declaration of Sentiments
- Brief History of the Woman's Suffrage Movement in Illinois
- Illinois Women Gain the Vote
- Temperance & Suffrage
- Leading up to 1920