TFA: Time For Action Open Alerts
- End Gerrymandering and stop driver's license suspension as penalty to the poor. Facebook Photo - Twitter Photo
- Contact your state legislators to help to prevent gun violence, oppose prison gerrymandering and uphold human rights. (Veto Session)
- Contact your local School Board to stop them from Arming Teachers (Fact Sheet 1 and Fact Sheet 2)
- (Before September 30, 2019) Write and Mail a letter of support of the IL State Police rules to implement the new Firearm Dealer License Certification Act [430 ILCS 68].
- Contact your municipal leader join and vote for reducing green house emissions.
- Participate in a Climate Strike (9/20) and sign up for Lobby Day in support of the Clean Energy Jobs Act (10/29)
- Please ask your State Senator to SUPPORT HB 2691 Retaining Illinois Students and Equity Act (RISE) and HB 2040 Private Detention Facility Moratorium Act
- Call your State Representative and ask them to support SJRCA1, a Constitutional Amendment that would end the requirement that income in Illinois must be taxed at a flat rate.
- Call your State Senator to support HB2665, the Youth PrEP Bill which clarifies that medical treatment designed to prevent HIV can be prescribed for adolescents weighing at least 77 pounds without necessarily seeking parent/guardian consent first.
- Call your senator -and then contact your representative-to support and join current efforts of a bipartisan group of legislators working to solve problems with Medicaid eligibility and re-determination in this legislative session.
- Please call you State Senator to express support of HB2045 and HB 94, bills scheduled for a vote in the Senate on Tuesday, May 14.
- Ask your State Senator to give municipalities the authority to ban toxic pavement sealant products
- Ask your State Senator to repeal the Parental Notification of Abortion Act
- Ask your State Senator to support voting rights for incarcerated citizens
- Ask your State Representative to support requiring civic education in middle schools
- File a witness slip supporting repeal of the Parental Notification of Abortion Act
- Ask your Representative to abolish the State Charter School Commission
- File a witness slip to require public schools to include civic education in its 6th, 7th, or 8th grade curriculum
- Call your U.S. Representative in Congress to support HR 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019
- Submit a witness slip OPPOSING HB367, which would dilute the effectiveness of a Gun Dealer Certification Law
- Call your State Senator and ask him/her to support and become a co-sponsor of SJRCA4
- Ask your State Representative to support redistricting reform
To contact the Issues Committee, please email email@example.com.